Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nets WIN... 4 out of 44 games.

The New Jersey Nets won their 4th game of the season last night! Unfortunately it took them 44 games to win that fourth one.

I'm not poking fun at the team, I feel horrible. I'm surprised that a team at this day and age could actually be so pathetic. I believe that any top ten ranked college team could beat the Nets fifty percent of the time (at this point).

The Nets average the least amount of points per game and have the biggest scoring differential (-12.36). That means they lose by double digits practically every night.

They have the worst field goal percentage and they give up the best field goal percentage. The Nets have the worst 3pt percentage. They have the second least amount of assists per game. They average the second least amount of rebounds per game--and the list goes on.

Eventually it gets to a point where there might be conversation of whether this is the worst team to have ever played the game. The Worst team thus far is the 72'-73' 76ers that had the record of 9-73.

At this rate, the Nets will end up with about a 7-75 record. Is there any hope for them?

Brook Lopez is their best player right now--averaging 19 points and 9.4 boards along with a pair of blocks. Devin Harris is not healthy, Yi Jianlian is doing a mediocre 14.6 and 6.8 (I expected more from him), Douglas-Roberts is getting a bit more than a bakers-dozen points per game and Courtney Lee is scoring 11 a game.

None of those players is having a really good season--with the exception of Brook Lopez. The team does not have a player that can carry them (especially if Harris is out), and the team cannot do anything right.

The best thing they can do is shoot free-throws, and they don't get to the line that often. It's disappointing to see a player with so much potential (Lopez) go to a team that could go down as the worst ever squad to compete in the NBA--let me rephrase that and say "play" in the NBA because it really is not much competition with the Nets.

So what should the Nets do? Well, they need to find something that can uplift the spirits of their franchise. I don't know what but they have to grab at least another 6 wins within the next 38 games. Now that I think of it, I really don't have any answers for them--I just pray they do something to turn the franchise around.

I'm no Nets fan by any means--they're my rivals. I just don't want there to be a team that poorly in the NBA.

No comments: